Dr. Starr interviews Paul Pradines, former Burglary Strike Force supervisor. Paul spent over twenty-five years in law enforcement, including two decades in SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), twelve years as a SWAT Team Leader and seven years as supervisor of the Burglary Strike Force. The Tactical Police unit he headed specializes in covert patrols, intelligence gathering, and surveillance.
Show Date: April 30, 2009.
Questions addressed on the show:
- How do professional burglars get into large estates without detection?
- I don’t have a large estate & tons of money. What can I do to protect my home?
- What about Firearms? Should I have one in my home? How about a Taser?
- What can I do to protect myself when I go out for dinner or maybe out to a movie?
- You were in SWAT for over twenty years. What were the most dangerous types of situations that you had to deal with?
- I see that you are a Taser Instructor. Did you ever use it in Police work? Do Tasers really kill people like the news often reports?
- When you retired from Police work, you went into private security consulting for some very wealthy clients. What is that like? What kind of work do you do?
- When you are protecting a dignitary or executive, what kind of things do you watch out for?
- What can I do when I am traveling in another part of the world to protect myself?
- What do you think about the Pirate attacks in Somalia? What do you think we should do about it?
- Have any of your clients ever been attacked. What would you do if that happened?
- Is there a difference between a bodyguard and someone who provides executive protection?