How to save money on your average household electricity bill. Even if you lose your job, you are required to pay your electric bill each month. Here are 10 ways you can cut that bill.
- Turn off and unplug anything that you’re not using, including your television and stereo.
- Solar Panels. Learn how to build solar panels nd wire them together to produce electricity for your home.
- Reuse bath water for laundry. Even well-off Japanese households use old bath water to do laundry!
- Weatherize. The stimulus bill provides Indiana with nearly $132 million over two years to weatherize homes. Investigate help in your state.
- Fueltank mobile device chargers can simultaneously charge two small electronic devices without the use of an outlet. Proprietary voltage regulator technology senses the amount of power required to charge your devices. LED fuel capacity indicators display when charging indicator button is pressed.
- Swap Appliances. Swap appliances that are ten years old for newer appliances. It can save you thousands of dollars in reduced electricity bills. (A Frigidaire Energy Star Refrigerator uses less energy than a 75-watt incandescent light bulb!)
- Energy efficient air conditioners and heating systems. The new stimulus offers a 30 percent tax credit of as much as $1,500 for installation of energy-efficient air conditioners, energy efficient heating systems and energy-efficient windows and insulation.
To your savings!
Dr. Joyce Starr